Thursday, May 25, 2017

Rainbows and Unicorns: Emme's First Birthday

This past weekend we celebrated our sweet little girl turning two and my Facebook Memories brought up all the feels with pictures from her very first birthday so I decided to humor Facebook and devote a whole blog post to my girl's first birthday party. Take that Facebook and all your feels.

One of the things I love so much about being a mom to Emme vs. the mom I was to my boys is that I just let things happen naturally. I didn't stress about her party theme and in a way our love for Unicorns found us. Our church was having a youth yard sale and I found the most perfect little glass unicorns in pastel colors at the yard sale. I needed some things to put on her shelf in her room so I grabbed them for $1 each. That's it. No big story there. When it was time to plan her first birthday party I was in TJ Maxx and found the most perfect plates and party supplies for super cheap and I just couldn't pass them up. They reminded me of unicorns and rainbows and a theme was born.

See? They are perfect, right?
This picture shows the colorful ceiling we attempted to recreate from Pinterest. It added lots of color.
My friend Erika makes the most adorable and delicious cookies.
These rainbow and unicorn cookies were a bit hit at our party!
Check her out on Facebook HERE
Our birthday girl was so tired by the time we did cake and ice cream 
but she sure woke up when it was time for presents. She loved everything
but this baby doll was her favorite present. 
As an activity I found these felt coloring sheets with unicorns and princesses at Michaels that were perfect for the kids. See those unopened packs on the end of the table? Those were supposed to be rainbows but none of us adults could quite figure out how to do them until the party was over.
They later became part of my Noah's Ark preschool lesson at church.
Our love for unicorns has just grown since this fun first birthday. Later in the year I stumbled on the most perfect Halloween costume for Emme at TJ Maxx and our love for Unicorns continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment