Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Last Day of School + Teacher Gifts

Another school year has come to an end and I am so happy to have my people all together under one roof for the next two-ish months. We are so looking forward to Summer and all the adventures we'll get to have together. I am always super sad when the Summer is over and my babies leave me to go back to school. I'll never be a mom who looks forward to school starting back and getting a break from my littles. Sending my kids to school and them being away from me all day has never quite felt right to me. This year will be even tougher because Wyatt will be starting Kindergarten. He's so ready. I'm so not. But we won't talk about that for at least another two months. Right now we're going to enjoy our time together each day and soak up the sun, fun, and lots of memories!

Walker is moving on up to second grade. He's a natural when it comes to school. He loves learning and it comes easy to him. He's a super reader and he just doesn't have to try very hard to understand most things. Most things. The tying of the shoes is one that he just can't seem to remember to do these days. He's my little rule follower and has already been holding me accountable in the week that school has been out. We have a Summer Bucket List, a calendar, and a chore chart that he loves. And let's be real, I do too. We are two peas in a pod.
Walker's teacher this year was Mrs. Floyd.
Walker's favorite color is red.
Walker's best bud is Westin.
Walker's favorite subject is Recess.
Walker wants to be a scientist when he grows up.
Like most things these days the end of school snuck up on me quickly. I knew exactly what I wanted to get for Walker's teacher and I ordered it just in time. It was scheduled to arrive the day before school ended but got rescheduled for the next day which was the last day of school between 12 and 4 pm. The last day of school is an early dismissal day and they get out of school at 1pm. Luckily, the UPS man rolled up to the door at 12:45pm and I was able to wrap it, print off a free template from Pinterest, and get it to the school just in time to hunt down Mrs. Floyd in bus duty and let Walker give it to her. I love the colors in the umbrella and I love a good play on words. Plus, Mrs. Floyd said she needed a new umbrella so I count it as a win.
Wyatt went to Mother's Day Out twice a week this year. He went to the same school that Walker went to when he was younger so I knew he would enjoy going and be well taken care of and boy was he! Mrs. Andria was a terrific teacher and Wyatt learned a lot this year to prepare him for Kindergarten in the Fall.
Wyatt's teacher this year was Mrs. Andria.
Wyatt's favorite color is purple.
Wyatt's best buds are Evan & Bryant.
Wyatt's favorite subject is Recess.
Wyatt wants to be a baseball player when he grows up.
I really wanted to get Wyatt's teacher and some of the staff a gift they would treasure. It's no secret I sell Thirty-One and I love to gift it to just about everyone but I also love supporting my mom friends who are creative or own their own businesses. My friend Ashley began making things out of quilts and I knew they would be perfect since Wyatt goes to a church Mother's Day Out. I knew they would be cherished. I let Wyatt pick out which cross went to each person. We gave one to Wyatt's teacher, the MDO Director Ms. Kristy, Ms. Angela who works the front desk, and the sweet lady who works the car rider line every morning. She was always in a good mood even when we had just rolled out of bed and were still half asleep! Wyatt did a great job picking out which one to give everyone and they all loved their handmade and personal end of the year gift.
We were so proud seeing our little boy graduate from Pre-K! And I just have to include this picture below because it is SO Wyatt in his truest form. He was scoping out the bling he was going to get when his name was called. He is our funny man and jokester and I'm so glad he's ours!
The day after Wyatt's preschool graduation we had Kindergarten Camp. Wyatt got to go on a tour of his new school and do a fun craft activity with the Kindergarten teachers. That Class of 2030 will put ya in your place REAL quick. Time is such a jerk. It seems like 2030 is SO far away but in a blink that cap and gown will be much bigger and so will my little boys.
You can find that super cute umbrella HERE.
And join my friend Ashley's page HERE for more quilted loveliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment