Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Social Link Up

 
I am linking up with Ashley for today's Sunday Social.  I so wish I had more pictures on hand and ready to scan in for this post because I honestly love looking at old pictures and I was a pretty cute wee one.  But our house is still in boxes weeks after moving back.  I should really unpack after I blog.  I'll get right on that! :) 
 
1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
The innocence that comes from being young. 
 
2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?
My family called me Brit Brat.  I still have no idea why. ;)
 
3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?
People watch.  I loved it then and I love it now.
 
4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A journalist.
 
5. Did you participate in any school activities?
In Elementary School I was a patrol (aka Hall Monitor).  At the time I thought it was super cool and got to wear a really awesome orange vest type of thing and tell people to stop running.  Amazing.
 
I cheered in middle school (Sorry, friends!) 
I was pretty active in High School and was a part of the Chelsea High School Marching Band as a member and Captain of the Colorguard.  It was a lot of fun, even when we looked ridiculous (see bottom pic).
 
Sidenote: I was convinced I was fat here.  I want to go back in time and slap some sense into myself.  And also wear more two piece bathing suits.
 
In addition to Color Guard I was a member of lots of clubs and a class officer.
 
6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?
When I was 16 I invited a few friends over and in typical high school fashion the "gathering" quickly grew into a party.  Some friends started a fire in my driveway and in an effort to put it out they threw a bale of hay into it which only made it get larger.  Right about that time my mom called and told me that they were on their way home and everyone quickly scattered and left.  My friend Tyler and I were left to put out this huge fire. The outside hose would not reach the fire so we had to run in and out of the house with cooking pots filled with water and throw them on the fire.  My parents didn't notice the charred driveway or ashes everywhere.  Instead my mom's first question was, "Where is my bale of hay?" The next day Tyler and I had to find a bale of hay, stuff it in the backseat of my Pontiac Firebird, and deliver it to my parents.  I don't think I will ever live that down with my family.


3 comments:

  1. PEOPLE WATCHING - Love it! That's one of my favorite things to do now, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hay story was too funny. I can't believe they didn't notice. I guess there was no harm done as long as you replaced the bale. I would have loved to see you guys running back and forth for water though.

    Enjoy your week,

    Sophia
    twentyfiveseasons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love people watching!!

    ReplyDelete