Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Halloween Costumes - Past and Present.

One of our favorite traditions is getting Halloween pictures made of our boys.  It started when we were celebrating Walker's first Halloween and we have just continued it every year.  It is something we look forward to and signals the beginning of Fall for our family.  Living in Alabama, the first day of Fall does not always feel like the first day of Fall but we know when it is Halloween picture time, it is officially fall!
 
As I have mentioned before I do not dress the boys in the same outfits, ever really.  If they are the same I try to do different colors.  It's just personal preference, really, but I do like for them to coordinate.  They are not twins although Wyatt is catching up fast to Walker in size.  I had their costumes picked out in my mind for quite some time but we were in TJ Maxx and spotted this astronaut costume and those plans were quickly changed.  Walker is obsessed with space right now - the planets, rockets, the whole shebang.  He can recite all of the planets AND give you facts about each one.  Just the other day he stopped two different ladies in the store and told them all about the planets.  They asked him about Pluto and he quickly corrected them that Pluto is not a planet.  So we had the astronaut costume and we figured what could be better than a monkey to go with an astronaut? Space monkey, get it?! : ) 
 
Here's a look back at our previous years costumes...
 
Pirate costume: TJ Maxx
Frankenstein Costume: Spirit Halloween
 
Side note: I know a pirate and Frankenstein do not coordinate but I could not help myself with either of these costumes.  I just loved them! Walker was super into pirates last year and ended up having a pirate birthday party and we used pictures from this session to create custom photo stamps for his party invitations.  It worked out perfectly!
 
Costume: TJ Maxx
 
This was Walker's second Halloween.  We actually planned for him to be a train conductor but the costume was too big when we received it and we had our session booked and had to find something QUICK.  That's why the shoes do not coordinate.  :) 
Walker's first Halloween.  This is still my favorite costume and I plan to put it in a shadow box and hang it up with this picture.
 
I have loved every one of our costumes.  I know the days of sweet and cute costumes are coming to an end.  I know it's only a matter of time before we trade in these sweet costumes for super hero capes and whatever else they want as they get older but I am cherishing the sweetness for now.  I have kept every single costume and I am trying to decide what to do with them.  I just can't bring myself to get rid of them.  We are looking forward to Halloween!  

No comments:

Post a Comment