Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thrifty Thursday.

I just love going to the thrift store.  I can spend hours in there looking and hunting for treasures.  The other day, for the first time in a long time, we had nothing to do so the boys and I decided to head on over to the thrift store and see what we could find.  We ended up scoring big time - especially in the book section.  I have two little boys who absolutely love books.  I am so thankful they do but books can be very expensive.  I try to find cheap books at yard sales and even at stores like TJ Maxx but they are starting to get expensive even at those stores.  The thrift store is a great place to find books.  I always look through them to make sure there are no torn pages or coloring.  We usually end up with quite a pile and narrow down our choices to a few great ones.  Here's what we ended up with on this trip:
            
Dora Storytime Collection, Chicka Chicka 123 (My boys love Chicka Chicka Boom Boom), Toy Story book, a book about Shapes, Thomas-Sauras Rex (Thomas the train AND dinosaurs? Score!), Thomas the train sticker book, and a brand new Buzz Lightyear Color Wonder set - my boys love these.  We keep them in the van and they are great for keeping them busy with no mess.
             
I also found some great clothes.  I found two pairs of Old Navy jeans in excellent condition, an Old Navy vest that is just begging for a monogram, an Old Navy hooded shirt, and a Santa shirt that will be cute this holiday season.  I found Walker some great deals too including shirts from The Children's Place and Gap. 
              
My grand total was $36.51.  The two pairs of Old Navy jeans would have been more than that.  Not too bad for a fun trip to the thrift store.  :) 
                            

1 comment: